SALES REPRESENTATIVE (PART-TIME) - COSTA MESA, CA
Location: Costa Mesa, California
Company: Gunwhale Ales (www.gunwhaleales.com)
Position: Sales Representative (Part-Time)
Compensation: Base Wage + Commission
Start Date: Immediately
Gunwhale Ales is a dynamic new craft brewery with huge growth potential. We are seeking an ambitious salesperson to come and join our team as we prepare for expansion. Reporting to our Director of Sales, this person will develop our territory in Southern California and will be directly responsible for product placements with on-premise and off-premise accounts.
The ideal candidate is one who understands the importance of relationships in the beer industry, and who will be aggressive in cultivating leads with retailers and consumers. They must provide outstanding service on behalf our company, and Gunwhale encourages this person to join our lean team in proactively developing events, projects, and innovating in ways that meet ever-shifting consumer demands.
This position is for an entrepreneurial-minded individual, one who believes in and stands behind our brand, as they will be an ambassador and educator for the product. It will require an engaging, fearless, and creative spirit; though they will be supported by a great product and team, there will not be large marketing budgets. This position will begin as a part-time position, with the hope to grow this person as a long-term asset who helps take our brewery to the next level. The candidate will not be required to do deliveries or draft tech maintenance for accounts (we want them to focus on sales), but this candidate will take initiative on the many fronts required by a young business.
· Establish new relationships with retailers (on and off premise) as a Sales Rep in designated territories (Orange County and adjacent markets)
· Represent the Gunwhale brand in a professional manner
· Maintain relationships and maximize opportunities with existing accounts by visiting these accounts on a regular basis.
· Achieve revenue and sales goals while staying within a structured growth and strategic plan.
· Assist with volume projections, monitoring inventory based off of sales trends and availability of product.
· Communicate with Sales and Marketing Managers, Production staff, and Drivers.
· Attend events such as festivals, dinners, releases and promotions as a representative of the brand.
· Complete and maintain accurate information for communication and sales data related to accounts.
· Must be 21 years of age or older at the time of application.
· Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
· Must produce certification or complete Certified Cicerone Beer Server exam within 90 days of hire.
· Computer competence in Word, Excel, and Google Suite.
· Have a passion for craft beer with some knowledge base and desire to learn.
· Ability and willingness to work occasional nights and weekends.
· Be organized, self-disciplined, and detail oriented.
· Strong communication skills: verbal, listening and written.
· Good social skills and strong influencing & negotiation skills.
· Sales experience a plus, but not mandatory.
· Strong competitive intelligence within the marketplace.
· Ability to move a keg (150-175lbs), using appropriate tools and techniques.
· Must reside in Orange County or be willing to relocate.
· Beer and Merchandise discounts and benefits.
· Frequent travel within assigned territory, with a stipend to cover costs.
Please include a cover letter with your resume, that includes who you are, what you believe Gunwhale is, and why you are the person we looking for. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Applications Accepted Until These Roles Are Filled**
Do not drop-off or apply in person. Do not call the brewery.
Gunwhale Ales is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.